ProductInmate Medical Budget Protector
Our proprietary Inmate Medical Budget Protector is an insurance policy designed to protect a Jail’s budget against costly and catastrophic inmate medical expenses.
A Policy That Meets Your Jail’s Needs
- Deductibles ranging from $10,000 to $100,000.
- Policy will cover up to $250,000 (minus deductible) per inmate, per policy year.
- Your chosen deductible is per inmate, per policy year and does not reset at $0 upon each release or re-arrest.
- County is charged a rate based on the average number of daily inmates.
- With this catastrophic policy, your Jail can now better set annual budgets as well as giving you the means to better stay within those budgets.
Covers Such Expenses As:
- Inpatient hospitalization and Outpatient surgical charges
- Emergency room charges (when followed by hospital admission)
- Physician, Surgeon, Anesthesiologist and Radiologist fees
- Medical conditions such as cancer, heart disease, kidney dialysis and diabetes.
- Accidental injuries including fights.
- Self-inflicted injuries.
Optional Coverage Available For:
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Mental & nervous disorders
- Security and guarding reimbursement
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the CRS contract set daily limits on the amount the policy will pay?
No. There are no daily maximums set on your inmate’s medical expenses.
Does the CRS contract exclude Physician office visits?
Are organ transplant procedures covered by the CRS contract?
Will the deductible reset at $0 each time an inmate is released from custody?
No. The deductible will accrue throughout the course of the policy year; regardless of how many times a particular inmate is released and re-booked.
Is there an overall maximum amount the policy will cover per jail?
No. There is only an annual maximum per inmate which is $250,000 (minus deductible).